Unable to initialize importer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ranga1970
Participant

Unable to initialize importer

Post by ranga1970 »

Whet does this error mean in parallel jobs

Code: Select all

Unable to initialize importer[quote]

thanks
ranga[/quote]
RRCHINTALA
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Just guessing here. The import operator is used for most connections to persistent data - its task is to convert from external, human readable, formats into the internal formats used in Data Sets, for example from sequential files and File Sets. So my guess is that there's something wrong with this particular operator. Is it only in one job, or in all jobs?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
No offence, but IMHO, having 100 posts means you should know we need more info then an arbitrary error code!

Again no offence just pointing to something that is preventing most people here from being able to help and/or benefit from your post.
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
ranga1970
Participant

Post by ranga1970 »

Sure, I will take care from next time? I know the people here are doing things as favor and the least thing I would do is disrespect them,
I was doing some parralle job and I got this error and and I posted it , from next time I will post it with details,
here Ray.Wulord guessed right, I am trying to see the data in sequential file from data stage by clicking view data button and this error poped up,
actually I am trying to brush up my parrellel extender skills and I am working on servere jobs but other teams are working on parralle jobs and both of us work on same server, but different projects. I am not sure if it is the permission issue, because I am not suppose to use parrallel, but since all of us work on same server, I thought I would be able to have the permissions to use it, any how please let me know if any one has any idea of this situation

thanks
RRCHINTALA
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
I was not saying anything about respect or lack of it :) .
The point is that we need info not 20 questions for the guru/s.
This way we all benefit:
The poster has moe chance for a quick response (less experianced persons tend to hesitate answering obscure posts)
The readers can actually learn from it and hopefully prevent another post of the same problem over and over again.

P.S.
Nice catch Ray :)
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org