Please help us figure out this DSR_JOB(Action=5) error!!!

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Marley777
Premium Member
Premium Member

Please help us figure out this DSR_JOB(Action=5) error!!!

Post by Marley777 »

Hello, I need help with a strange error I'm getting. I have searched the forum and found several references to (30107) related errors, but I never could find anything specifically related to the DSR_JOB(Action=5). I have paste the actual error below. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

:oops:

Error calling subroutine: DSR_JOB (Action=5); check DataStage is set up correctly in project CustomerDatabase
(Subroutine failed to complete successfully (30107))

When we click on okay in the dialog box for the error above, we then are promted with another dialig box displaying the following message.

(40503) A call to an OLE server has failed, or a runtime error occurred within the OLE server itself.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Objects used by DataStage clients to communicate with the server are exposed by an ActiveX control. If an OLE Automation error occurs, it ceases to be possible to use the current connections; you need to open new instances of the clients.

DSR_JOB is one of a number of "helper subroutines" on the server that do the work requested by DataStage clients. Code 30107 simply means "subroutine was unable to complete successfully", which can be for any one of a number of reasons.

Each of the helper subroutines has an "Action" argument. However, what the various (integer) action codes are is not documented in the public domain. You would need to seek this knowledge from Ascential.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
newtier
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by newtier »

(I realize this is more than a year later!)

On the job that experienced the error, where did the error occur (for instance, during a "view data"?)

What stage were you in, and what database or file type were you referencing?
Rick H
Senior Consultant
DS_FocusGroup
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Please help us figure out this DSR_JOB(Action=5) error!!

Post by DS_FocusGroup »

I got the same problem and searched alot for the solution, but there were no solution to it.

After that i save as the job with different name and tried to compile it and it did compile , so save as your job and enjoy your results