Make Vector Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

varshanswamy
Participant

Make Vector Stage

Post by varshanswamy »

Hi,

I have tried using the make vector stage, but the job gets aborted
I have a sequential file ans input send it to a make vector stage and later
again send it another sequential file, I have tried out the exaple given in
Parallel Extender Guide, but it does'nt seem to work

regards,
varsha
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

I have tried it and it works. Can you please let me know your job design and the error you received.
kcshankar
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kcshankar »

Hi varsha,

I tried using Dataset,it is working fine.
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

Code: Select all

Type: String
The beginning part of the name of the series of consecutively numbered columns (named like xxxyyy0 to xxxyyyn) to be combined into a vector called xxxyyy.
This is taken right from Designer, the information box describing the "Column's Common Partial Name".

If your input fields are not named correctly, you won't be able to make vectors with them

myfieldA, myfieldB, myfieldC wont work, but myfield1, myfield2, myfield3 will (common name = "myfield").

We could use more information about what you are doing, otherwise all we can do is guess what went wrong.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

:idea: A preceding Modify stage can be used to rename columns.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
varshanswamy
Participant

Post by varshanswamy »

bcarlson wrote:

Code: Select all

Type: String
The beginning part of the name of the series of consecutively numbered columns (named like xxxyyy0 to xxxyyyn) to be combined into a vector called xxxyyy.
This is taken right from Designer, the information box describing the "Column's Common Partial Name".

If your input fields are not named correctly, you won't be able to make vectors with them

myfieldA, myfieldB, myfieldC wont work, but myfield1, myfield2, myfield3 will (common name = "myfield").

We could use more information about what you are doing, otherwise all we can do is guess what went wrong.
thanks it worked