Duplicate name registration

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ghila
Premium Member
Premium Member

Duplicate name registration

Post by ghila »

Hello

When trying to run an existing working application on a freshly installed new system ( IBM P595, AIX5.2, PX 7.0.1 ) , I got a fatal error when running a job :

"main_program: Fatal Error: Duplicate name registration for: transform, APT_TransformOperator"

Other jobs that do not use the Tranformer stage are running fine.
I tried several stuff like cleaning the project, reindexing...none of them worked. I am looking for some ideas that can lead me to a solution. Next step is to delete the project, create a new one and importing again.

Thanks in advance for the help you can give me. And please, I apologize for any misuse of english terms.

Regards,
Daniel
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D Bienvenue!

It appears that something odd has occurred during the installation, whereby the operator associated with the Transformer stage (that is, the APT_TransformOperator) has been registered twice.

I suspect that the only cure will be to uninstall and re-install, but check with your support provider first; they may know some trick.

Note that these registrations are at the Engine level, not at the project level. Dropping and re-creating the project is unlikely to effect a cure.

Does the Transformer stage work OK in another project? My guess is that the answer is no.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ghila
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ghila »

Thanks Ray,

Right now, I am still waiting for some feedback from support. But I am convince you are right ( Transformer stage is not working in other projects) . You confirmed what I was afraid of : uninstall and re-install!

Regards,

Daniel
ray.wurlod wrote:Welcome aboard! :D Bienvenue!

It appears that something odd has occurred during the installation, whereby the operator associated with the Transformer stage (that is, the APT_TransformOperator) has been registered twice.

I suspect that the only cure will be to uninstall and re-install, but check with your support provider first; they may know some trick.

Note that these registrations are at the Engine level, not at the project level. Dropping and re-creating the project is unlikely to effect a cure.

Does the Transformer stage work OK in another project? My guess is that the answer is no.
ghila
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ghila »

I wanted to finalize the thread with the solution we found regarding that issue.

We were wrong, that was not an installation problem : the problem was due to the AIX 5.2 Maintenance Level 4 applied over the existing AIX 5.2 Maintenance Level 2 system. The xlC.aix50.rte.6.0.0.0 runtime library was changed to xlC.aix50.rte.6.0.0.13 during that maintenance evolution. The Visual Age C++ library can not be over 6.0.0.2. in order to work with PX 7.1

So if some of you encouter the error :
main_program: Fatal Error: Duplicate name registration for: transform, APT_TransformOperator

Then check your VisualAge C++ runtime library version !

Regards
Daniel

ghila wrote:Thanks Ray,

Right now, I am still waiting for some feedback from support. But I am convince you are right ( Transformer stage is not working in other projects) . You confirmed what I was afraid of : uninstall and re-install!

Regards,

Daniel
ray.wurlod wrote:Welcome aboard! :D Bienvenue!

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Thanks, Daniel. I should have thought to ask about operating system patches - these are the bane of any programmer's existence, particularly when "they" move or rename libraries on which one's code depends.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.