Problem obtaining Performance Stats for one Project

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

blewip
Participant

Problem obtaining Performance Stats for one Project

Post by blewip »

We have a problem obtaining Performance Statistics for all the Parallel jobs in one project. The other projects are okay, as are the server jobs in this project.

We have an error in our Event Log

Code: Select all

Failed to discover JobMonApp port, APT_ORCHHOME environment variable may not be set correctly.  

We think this related?

We assume that the JobMon is running correctly, we can see it in ps-ef and as the other projects do not have a problem.[/quote]
mmanes
Participant

Post by mmanes »

You use that project by the same user?
blewip
Participant

Post by blewip »

mmanes wrote:You use that project by the same user?
Yes, with the same user
mmanes
Participant

Post by mmanes »

Check by DS Administrator tool if the APT_ORCHHOME variable is set correctly in any project
blewip
Participant

Post by blewip »

Yes, all the projects have the same APT_ORCHHOME
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

FYI: Server jobs do not use JobMonApp. Do a search on this forum to learn more about JobMonApp.

1. Verify that absolutely nobody is using or setting $APT_ORCHHOME anywhere outside the dsenv file.

2. Within Director, check the job log, and verify that APT_ORCHHOME is exactly the same on runtime of that job that complained, and compare it to other jobs that did not complain.
blewip
Participant

Post by blewip »

Yes I have checked the APT_ORCHHOME in director and it is fine.

I think that DataStage uses the APT_ORCHHOME to find the etc/jobmon_ports which tells it which Ports to use. The log tells us "Failed to discover JobMonApp port" I don't know whether DataStage is having a problem getting the port info from the jobmon_ports file, or whether having got that info, it can't connect to the ports mentioned. I think that the message "APT_ORCHHOME environment variable may not be set correctly" is just a standard message that DataStage generates if it can't find the jobmon port.
T42 wrote:FYI: Server jobs do not use JobMonApp. Do a search on this forum to learn more about JobMonApp.

1. Verify that absolutely nobody is using or setting $APT_ORCHHOME anywhere outside the dsenv file.

2. Within Director, check the job log, and verify that APT_ORCHHOME is exactly the same on runtime of that job that complained, and compare it to other jobs that did not complain.
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

DataStage is attempting to spot the actual PID of JobMonApp. Then it will pull the information, and push the information based on the XSD file within the java directory.

This is why I find it critical that you verify that the "Environment variable setting:" have the correct value, which in my case would be:

APT_ORCHHOME=/opt/appl/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine
Secondly, you will need to verify that the directory listed above is correct, have the 'java' directory, and within that java directory - have all relevant files available (".jobmonpid", "jobmon-requests.xsd", "jobmon-responses.xsd").

You have stated that there was no message related to this on other projects. I assume you are stating that the other projects are on the same server. If my assumption is correct, then the second step is unnecessary, and thus the first step contains a flaw.

Please, verify this.
poonamgoyal
Participant

Post by poonamgoyal »

T42 wrote:DataStage is attempting to spot the actual PID of JobMonApp. Then it will pull the information, and push the information based on the XSD file within the java directory.

This is why I find it critical that you verify that the "Environment variable setting:" have the correct value, which in my case would be:

Secondly, you will need to verify that the directory listed above is correct, have the 'java' directory, and within that java directory - have all relevant files available (".jobmonpid", "jobmon-requests.xsd", "jobmon-responses.xsd").

You have stated that there was no message related to this on other projects. I assume you are stating that the other projects are on the same server. If my assumption is correct, then the second step is unnecessary, and thus the first step contains a flaw.

Please, verify this.

In my case same error is coming and i have checked the two things stated by you, but the path as well as files are alright as the path to parallel installation directory in my case is:
/home/dsuser/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine
still the same error is coming and so performance statistics does not show the no. of records travelling across the link as well as the colour of link does not change. Please help to remove this warning:
'Failed to discover JobMonApp port, APT_ORCHHOME environment variable may not be set correctly.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

poonamgoyal, you have just posted to a thread last updated in May 2005.

Are you having the same problem?
sundar
Participant

Post by sundar »

ArndW wrote:poonamgoyal, you have just posted to a thread last updated in May 2005.

Are you having the same problem?
No, this is different one and is explained in her previous post, we are having the issue, please help to resolve the problem
peterxu
Participant

Post by peterxu »

You should check the project 'Remote' tab setting in the Administrator.
If any USS support properties are set, try to disable them by unchecking the boxes.
poonamgoyal wrote:
T42 wrote:DataStage is attempting to spot the actual PID of JobMonApp. Then it will pull the information, and push the information based on the XSD file within the java directory.

Please, verify this.

In my case same error is coming and i have checked the two things stated by you, but the path as well as files are alright as the path to parallel installation directory in my case is:
/home/dsuser/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine
still the same error is coming and so performance statistics does not show the no. of records travelling across the link as well as the colour of link does not change. Please help to remove this warning:
'Failed to discover JobMonApp port, APT_ORCHHOME environment variable may not be set correctly.