Warnings - Defaulting <fieldname> in transfer from &qu

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

thebird
Participant

Warnings - Defaulting <fieldname> in transfer from &qu

Post by thebird »

Hi,

I am getting quite few warnings, when i run my job.

All warnings are of the same nature and says:

"When checking operator, Defaulting <fieldname> in transfer from "inrec" to "outrec" ."

The log says that this occurs at a particular Funnel stage. But the funnel doesnt have the mentioned fields in it.

Can anyone help me out by letting me know what this warning means and how i can get rid of this.

This is of utmost importance, as we have set a warning limit for this job.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Thebird.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hello thebird,

these warning are caused by you having runtime column propagation turned on for the job & the stage. Go to the predecessor stages of the funnel and in the output links of those stages unclick the column propagation attribute.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yup.

And it means that MetaStage can't do accurate lineage analysis or where used analysis.

I counsel against using RCP mainly for this reason. Remember, too, that "they" will be coercing you to use MetaStage for all reporting, by deprecating/removing alternatives.
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
track_star
Participant

Post by track_star »

Keep in mind that RCP was initially created in the Orchestrate days as a method of not having to retype all of the schemas for all of the operators (since everything was in a shell script). It is there for backward compatibility (and it can't just be ripped out of the framework either). It can be useful, but you have to remember that it is on when you are developing--like you have seen, it can produce some undesirable results! BTW, who is "they"?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

"They" are the good folks who manufacture the product.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.