Error : Broken Pipe.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

thebird
Participant

Error : Broken Pipe.

Post by thebird »

Hi,

The job that I am trying to run is getting aborted. The job log shows one warning :

APT_CombinedOperatorController(1),0: /bin/echo: Broken pipe

Followed by 3 fatal errors :

1. APT_CombinedOperatorController(1),0: Operator terminated abnormally: received signal SIGSEGV

2.main_program: Unexpected exit status 1
Unexpected exit status 1
Unexpected exit status 1
Unexpected exit status 1
Unexpected exit status 1
Unexpected exit status 1
Unexpected exit status 1
Unexpected exit status 1

3.main_program: Step execution finished with status = FAILED.

The message coming before the warning says :

APT_CombinedOperatorController(1),0: Numeric string expected . Use default value.
Numeric string expected . Use default value.
Numeric string expected . Use default value.

Can somebody please tell me what this error is (broken pipe).

The job was running smoothly earlier.

I have a comma delimited source in the Header-Detail-Trailer format. I am using the Column Import Stage to split the data into different columns.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Thebird.
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

Segmentation Fault - http://www.wlug.org.nz/SIGSEGV
* The pointer is NULL.
* Address not mapped to object (eg, the memory is unallocated, and unmapped by the OS)
* Invalid Permission for mapped object (accessing memory that permissions deny).
I suspect that you will need to ensure that you are defining the right metadata, and that you are not attempting to create data bigger than what your fields are. Pay close attention to what you did in your transformer stages.

We will need more information about the job in question if we are to help you further than this.