sort stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pk46190
Participant

sort stage

Post by pk46190 »

hi
I am using sort stage.
Actually I am sorting a set of data and using that to join with another stage.
and when I am runnign the job I get this error

Join_10: When checking operator: User inserted sort "{natural="Sort_17:DSLink18.v", synthetic="buffer(2)"}" does not fulfill the sort requirements of the downstream operator "APT_JoinSubOperator in Join_10"

can anyon eplease explain me this.This is first time I am using sort and joing stages in one job.

thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Any error message with APT relates to a parallel job. This message suggests that you have a mismatch between the input and the output. Probably in the third column definition. The Sort stage must generate the same columns that came into it!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
richdhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by richdhan »

Hi,

From your post I believe you are using a sort stage followed by a join stage. I dont think this is necessary. The sorting can be defined in the join stage itself. In the join stage are you using hash partitioning? In the hash partitioning have you set the perform sort option?

If you are using join stage then you have to hash partition on keys for both the input links. In both the input links you can sort the hashing keys and the order of keys should be same in both the input links.

I think the order of the joining keys defined in the stage and that in partitioning are different.

HTH
Rich