Trying to use REPORT ASSISTANT in the Data Stage ( 7.1V)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ram1899
Charter Member
Charter Member

Trying to use REPORT ASSISTANT in the Data Stage ( 7.1V)

Post by ram1899 »

Can some one help VERY URGENT

I'm trying to creat a report using REPORT ASSISTANT in Data Stage Manager By using this feature you can create a report with all the JOB names. We need to compare the JOBS are in sync on both production and development.I have used this feature in version 6 for Server Jobs

When I'm doing it in version 7X I couldn't get the Prallel Job names in the Reports but all the SERVER jobs in the Project are listed

Can some one help me on this or if you can pass me you contact I can call

Thank you In Advance
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

You cannot use the Reporting Assistant on parallel jobs. DataStage Enterprise Edition comes with a MetaStage license and you can use that for reporting. You can also find job names by running dsjob -ljobs projectname. Run this from a telnet session on each DataStage server.

You can also get DataStage documentation using Kim Dukes html documentation tool. You can also get it by applying an XSL stylesheet to a project xml export. You could modify DSExport-HTML.xsl to only show job names.

I don't think the Reporting Assistant will be in future releases of DataStage.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

An additional note, the latest versions of MetaStage have a custom report that highlights the differences between two versions of the same job. You may find this makes the installation of MetaStage worthwhile as it saves you time in comparing your production and dev environments.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Reporting Assistant is deprecated in favour of MetaStage from version 7.x.

And please eschew "urgent" - everyone here is a volunteer who posts when possible. If you really want urgent, sign up for high priority 24x7 support, and learn the true cost of "urgent".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

Actually, 6.x.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Izzat so? "They" were pretty quiet about it then, then.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

Hehe. One of the first thing we did when we got PX for 6.x, we tried the Reporting Assistant. Failed. Cried to Support. "Oh, we're surprised you're using that... use MetaStage instead, that's the tool that is replacing this depreciated feature."

That was 6.0 (and soon after that, we got 6.0r3, which was very important indeed.)

Ah, the good ol' days where you have no idea why your job just will not run. Hey! It just happened today with 7.1r2! *grumbles about Version Control*
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

And to address your original requirement you can get a list of all jobs in a project by logging into the DataStage server and running the command:
dsjob -ljobs <project>