DataStage EE with SyncSort

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dhwankim
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataStage EE with SyncSort

Post by dhwankim »

Hi Glue.

I have embarrassed because of unsupporting SyncSort at DataStage 7.5
As I know, DataStage PX supported Syncsort on previous release.

Anyway I want to use datastage PX job with Syncsort on DS 7.5 rel.

If you have some information related to this environment.
Please Gime your hand.

I would appreciate your Hands.

Thanks in Advance.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I try to keep my hands to myself. Is there any reason to use Syncsort with DataStage PX? I thought the parallel sort was good enough and you have support for reading sequential files from multiple nodes or using a sequential file as a lookup source.
dhwankim
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dhwankim »

vmcburney wrote:I try to keep my hands to myself. Is there any reason to use Syncsort with DataStage PX? I thought the parallel sort was good enough and you have support for reading sequential files from multiple nodes or using a sequential file as a lookup source.
Why I need to collaborate with Syncsort is My Prospect want it.
That's reason.
I know My anwser is foolish.

But They bought Syncsort already. And Now Their requirement is ELT Tool should cowork with Syncsort.

Thanks.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I think there used to be a cosort plugin for DataStage (don't know about syncsort), there also used to be a Trillium plugin for DataStage, however these vendors have been getting the cold shoulder from Ascential in recent times as they can be seen as competition for parts of the Ascential suite. Any advertising or information about these plugins have been purged from the Ascential web site. You will have to contact Ascential to see if they are still available.

There are some details about Syncsort and DataStage at:
http://www.syncsort.com/sort/informatica.htm
SyncSort can organize your data in no time, sorting and grouping records, cleaning and summarizing your piles of data, even merging and joining files, which makes SyncSort the perfect complement to your Informatica and DataStage applications!
There is also an old page about using DataStage and Syncsort that may not be relevent with Parallel version:
http://www.nuance-tech.com/ds_bi.htm

The parallel sequential file stage does have an option called "Filter" where you can add the name and arguments of a filter program. You can use this to call up Syncsort programs that will pass the sequential data through to DataStage for processing that is already sorted, merged or filtered. This is probably the easiest way to use both products together.

You can also call SyncSort activities from a DataStage Sequence Job or a before/after routine.