how do we extract flatfiles

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

harithay
Participant

how do we extract flatfiles

Post by harithay »

i am new to datastage. we are working on datastage enetrprise edition. as far as i know extract flatfiles we use sequentcial file in server jobs.what about in parallele jobs.
poorna_76
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: how do we extract flatfiles

Post by poorna_76 »

harithay wrote:i am new to datastage. we are working on datastage enetrprise edition. as far as i know extract flatfiles we use sequentcial file in server jobs.what about in parallele jobs.
Can you be liitle more clear on this.

What is your Source DataBase/FlatFile?

Thanks
bunny
Participant

it is flatfile ,

Post by bunny »

it is flatfile,and also we are using enterprise edition, thanks for ur help
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

harithay/Bunny,

Px or Enterprise uses Sequential files in much the same way that Server does; but it does take advantage of a lot of parallel processing features that are lacking in the Server edition.

What exactly are you asking?
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

If you are trying to export data to a flat file, use the Sequential file stage as the target for your data stream. In other words, if the link goes INTO the Sequential file stage, the stage will be treated as an export. If the link COMES OUT OF the Sequential file stage, then the stage is treated as an import.

Example:

[DB2 Stage, read from some table] -------------> [Sequential File Stage]