dsjob error in UNIX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ashwin2912
Participant

dsjob error in UNIX

Post by ashwin2912 »

I am getting this error for dsjob on UNIX. Is this right way to run this command. The following command runs properly on Windows (DOS prompt)

Code: Select all

$ dsjob -server <server_ip> -user <userid> -password <password> -run <project name> <jobname>
ld.so.1: dsjob: fatal: libvmdsapi.so: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed
Thanks,
Ashwin
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Welcome. :wink:

Looks to me like you are not running this from the UNIX side as a user that is not 'DataStage aware' for lack of a better term. Typically, users that will doing things like this will be setup to do this automatically in their .profile - you need to 'source' the dsenv file first. Try this:

cd `cat /.dshome`
. ./dsenv
And then try rerunning your command and let us know what happens.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

ashwin2912,

I think that you are missing your ENVironment settings for your job call. You should do a "cd `cat /.dshome`" followed by a ". ./dsenv" which should set your paths and variables up so that you can run dsjob.
sudharsanan
Participant

Post by sudharsanan »

Hi Ashwin,

In order any Datastage job through Unix command line.. you have to give dsjob command from the Datastage bin directory..for example..

$BIN_DIR/dsjob \
-run \
-warn 1 \
-param <give any parameter here> \
-jobstatus \
$project \
$JOB

you have to pass the job name or sequence name along with the job parameters if any with the command.. then only the job will be started..

hope this information helps ...

Regards
Sudharsanan
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

sudharsanan wrote:In order any Datastage job through Unix command line.. you have to give dsjob command from the Datastage bin directory..
If you look at what was posted, you'll see that the OP did just that. It found the dsjob command, tried to execute it and promptly failed. I'm betting because of the issue that Arnd and I posted. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If the $DSHOME/bin directory is in your PATH you can execute the dsjob command from anywhere. Or you can use the full pathname of dsjob, as illustrated below. But you do need the environment variables which are set in the dsenv script to have been set.

. $DSHOME/dsenv
$DSHOME/bin/dsjob -run -jobstatus projectname jobname
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ashwin2912
Participant

Post by ashwin2912 »

Thanks everyone...
I did not know about dsenv as it was not required on Windows platform to run dsjob...

Regards,
Ashwin

ray.wurlod wrote:If the $DSHOME/bin directory is in your PATH you can execute the dsjob command from anywhere. Or you can use the full pathname of dsjob, as illustrated below. But you do need the environment variables which are set in the dsenv script to have been set.

. $DSHOME/dsenv
$DSHOME/bin/dsjob -run -jobstatus projectname jobname
cheerfu1
Participant

Post by cheerfu1 »

Hi,
such commands will not affect other settings? only will properly set the paths for dsjob to be run? :?
ArndW wrote:ashwin2912,

I think that you are missing your ENVironment settings for your job call. You should do a "cd `cat /.dshome`" followed by a ". ./dsenv" which should set your paths and variables up so that you can run dsjob.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

dsenv is a shell script. View it to understand what it does. In some cases you may need to edit it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.