Error while running the parallel job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pongal
Participant

Error while running the parallel job

Post by pongal »

Hi,
what does this error says

main_program: Warning: the value of the PWD environment variable
(/apps/Ascential/Projects) does not appear to be a synonym for the current working
directory (/apps/Ascential/Projects/TIP).
The current working directory will be used, but if your ORCHESTRATE job does not start up
correctly, you should set your PWD environment variable to a value that will work on all
nodes of your system.

how could I rectify this error?

Thanks
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Hi,
Just create a user-defined environment variable, PWD, using the Administrator client and set its value to your project folder, e.g., C:\Ascential\DataStage\Projects\yourprojcet. It will solve your problem.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's sometimes better to set PWD to "the current directory", that is ".".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

Is this a Parallel job running on a windows server?
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Hi Eric,
Based on Pongal's message I assumed that the job is running on Windows platform.

One thing that really bothers me in this Forum is that you take some time off from your busy schedule to answer someone's questions, but they never bother to respond back as to whether the problem is resolved or not.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Based on Pongal's message I assume that the job is running on UNIX platform, because the pathnames are UNIX pathnames.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.