Taking Datastage JobLog snapshot in TXT file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

santosh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Taking Datastage JobLog snapshot in TXT file

Post by santosh »

In our project we require that after every job run we want its joblog stored in txt file.

I tried to use After job Subroutine called DSJobReport to create txt file, but the report it gave was not exact replica of Director joblog.

For eg. I tried to abort a JOB and compare txt file created with director log. The txt file didnt gave me details of which record failuer happend and this info. was present in director log.

Regards,
Santosh
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Santosh,

if you use the command-line program dsjob you will see that it has options that allow you to get the job log information, if you redirect that to a sequential file you will have your result.

dsjob -logsum myproject myjob
benny.lbs
Participant

Post by benny.lbs »

But logsum still have the problem that some log end with '...' if the statement is too long in director log.

you may build a routine to get the starttime and endtime to get the details which can solve the '...' problem

ArndW wrote:Santosh,

if you use the command-line program dsjob you will see that it has options that allow you to get the job log information, if you redirect that to a sequential file you will have your result.

dsjob -logsum myproject myjob
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Read from RT_LOGnnn. Search for similar post for more info.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Use Director.

Project > Print

In the Print dialog, check "print to file".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.