Ascential DataStage Enterprise Edition trianing at Ascential

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinaymanchinila
Premium Member
Premium Member

Ascential DataStage Enterprise Edition trianing at Ascential

Post by vinaymanchinila »

Hi,
Can anyone let me know the best way to get trained in Ascential DataStage Enterprise Edition. I have looked at Ascentials course, looks good but mentions C,C++. Did any one go through the course and is there any way we can get certified after the course. Tried to get answers from Ascentail but of no great use.
Thanks a bunch
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hello Vinaymanchinila,

I recently went through the Px course and found it very interesting. How much you get out of it really depends upon yourself and the instructor; but I wouldn't know where else one could get better general training apart from a one-on-one session. The course also mentioned c & c++ but didn't delve deeply into it.
sachinkc
Participant

Re: Ascential DataStage Enterprise Edition trianing at Ascen

Post by sachinkc »

Not sure if Ascential gives any certification on their products yet. Please some one correct me if I am wrong (apart from Mercator\TX may be).

- Sachin
vinaymanchinila wrote:Hi,
Can anyone let me know the best way to get trained in Ascential DataStage Enterprise Edition. I have looked at Ascentials course, looks good but mentions C,C++. Did any one go through the course and is there any way we can get certified after the course. Tried to get answers from Ascentail but of no great use.
Thanks a bunch
Rgrds & Cheers!

Sachin
sachin@operamail.com
~Life always finds a way~
vinaymanchinila
Premium Member
Premium Member

Hi ArndW,
Thanks for the info, will plan to take the 5 day course and hope it would be great!
kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kollurianu »

Hi Arnd ,

how much did the training cost you ? what program did you select in your training , i mean how many days was it and like what topics are covered,

what are the prerequesites for the training you think that would help?

Thank you very much.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Kollurianu,

I went through a shortened training of 3 days held by Ascential at a customer site; this was because I've done a bit of work with DS Server and didn't need to learn the design paradigm. The Ascential course material covered the major points necessary for initial development work (i.e. it's enough to get you started) and our instructor was able to answer detailed questions when we understood enough to be able to ask them.

I do not know what the costs were. If you are a consultant and are based anywhere in the EU I have heard of placement companies (based in the UK) offering free Ascential class places (you need to cover your own transportation and lodging expenses) for Px training; but this is most likely predicated on you perhaps working through them afterwards. Not a bad deal if you can find it.
kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kollurianu »

Thank you Arnd for you reply, Iam in USA.
vinaymanchinila
Premium Member
Premium Member

Fee

Hi Kolluri,
The fee is US $2995, its the same even if taken in Canada (Convertedinto some 3900$ candian $s). I did hear it is worth it, and it is conducted once every month at different offices.
kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kollurianu »

Thank you Vinay
vinaymanchinila
Premium Member
Premium Member

Hi,
Let me kow if you are planning for it , I believe they give discount if more than 3 students in a batch .
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

There are currently no certification programs available from Ascential. One may be planned soon.