Error Connecting to Oracle 10G Data Base.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ksenthilvel
Participant

Error Connecting to Oracle 10G Data Base.

Post by ksenthilvel »

Hi,
We are using DataStage 7.5 PX and Oracle 10G Data Base. Both are installed in same unix box. When we are trying to connect to Oracle 10G table in job, it is giving following errors. If we install oracle 8i instead of Oracle 10G , then it is working fine.

"main_program: PATH search failure:
main_program: Error loading "orchoracle": Could not load "orchoracle": No such file or directory
Could not locate operator definition, wrapper, or Unix command for "oraread"; please check that all needed libraries are preloaded, and check the PATH for the wrappers
main_program: Creation of step finished with status = FAILED"

Software :
Unix : hpux 11i (11.11)
Data Stage 7.5 PX.
Oracle 10.1.0.3

Please advice how to address this problem.

Regards,
Senthilvel.k
K.Senthilvel
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

This is taken from the release notes, and may help:

Using Oracle 9i or 10g with DS EE on HPUX
-----------------------------------------
When using Oracle 9i or 10g with DS EE on HPUX 11.00 or 11.11, you must
add the following paths to your SHLIB_PATH before ORACLE_HOME:
$DSHOME/java/jre/lib/PA_RISC2.0
$DSHOME/java/jre/lib/PA_RISC2.0/hotspot
ksenthilvel
Participant

Post by ksenthilvel »

Hi Eric ,
I had set all setting mention in the release notes. Even though I could not able to access oracle 10G db.If I try to access oracle 10G db through ODBC, then I can able to read and write data into oracle 10G db using RDBMS stage. But I am suspecting whether performance will be good if I use RDBMS stage (ODBC) instead of Oracle Stage.

Regards,
Senthilvel.k
K.Senthilvel
lstsaur
Participant

Re: Error Connecting to Oracle 10G Data Base.

Post by lstsaur »

Hi,
I am having exact the same error message, "PATH search failure", that you got when I tried to run a parallel job using the Oracle_Enterprise stage.
I have 7.5x2 EE Windows version server and client and the Oracle 10G installed on the same Windows 2003 server unlike yours on Unix box.
However, I am still having no clue how to fix this problem. So if you got your problem solved, please shed some light on this "PATH search failure." Thanks.

[quote="ksenthilvel"]Hi,
We are using DataStage 7.5 PX and Oracle 10G Data Base. Both are installed in same unix box. When we are trying to connect to Oracle 10G table in job, it is giving following errors. If we install oracle 8i instead of Oracle 10G , then it is working fine.

"main_program: PATH search failure:
main_program: Error loading "orchoracle": Could not load "orchoracle": No such file or directory
Could not locate operator definition, wrapper, or Unix command for "oraread"; please check that all needed libraries are preloaded, and check the PATH for the wrappers
main_program: Creation of step finished with status = FAILED"

Software :
Unix : hpux 11i (11.11)
Data Stage 7.5 PX.
Oracle 10.1.0.3

Please advice how to address this problem.

Regards,
Senthilvel.k[/quote]
jasper
Participant

Post by jasper »

probably you didn't mention the oracle 10 at install.
In the directory : $DSHOME/../PXEngine/lib you will see a lot of files linked to files in the same dir.
Example for us:
ls -ltr *ora*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 PDdtsadm PDdtsadm 1811572 Aug 9 2004 liborchoracle8isun4.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 PDdtsadm PDdtsadm 1811792 Aug 9 2004 liborchoracle9isun4.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 PDdtsadm PDdtsadm 1806720 Aug 9 2004 liborchoracle10gsun4.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 PDdtsadm PDdtsadm 22 Feb 7 13:34 liborchoraclesun4.so -> liborchoracle9isun4.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 PDdtsadm PDdtsadm 22 Feb 7 13:34 orchoracle9i.so -> liborchoracle9isun4.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 PDdtsadm PDdtsadm 22 Feb 7 13:34 orchoracle8i.so -> liborchoracle8isun4.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 PDdtsadm PDdtsadm 23 Feb 7 13:34 orchoracle10g.so -> liborchoracle10gsun4.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 PDdtsadm PDdtsadm 20 Feb 7 13:34 orchoracle.so -> liborchoraclesun4.so

so check if liborchoraclesun4.so is linked to the ora10 file.
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

Good point jasper, during the DataStage Install (on the server) it will ask you for your ORACLE_HOME path. If you do not fill this in for the version of oracle you want to use, then the PX oracle stage will not work.

You will only see the files above (in jaspers post) if you gave this information during the DtaaStage install.