SEquential file errors

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

studyguy2001
Participant

SEquential file errors

Post by studyguy2001 »

hello .,

i am running a job from sequential file to the ftp to mainframe using ftp stage. i am using: sequential file --- ftp

after i run the job i am getting following errors:

SQFS_data,0: Error reading on import:
SQFS_data,0: Bad record delimiter after fixed-length record: expected "\n", got " "
SQFS_data,0: Import error at record 0.
SQFS_data,0: Operator's runLocally() failed
APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Operator's runLocally() failed
APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Operator terminated abnormally: runLocally did not return APT_StatusOk
main_program: Step execution finished with status = FAILED.

all of them are fatal errors.

can someone please help me in debugging the errors.

thanks
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Well I can take a stab in the dark, the line that reads:
SQFS_data,0: Bad record delimiter after fixed-length record: expected "\n", got " "
seems to indicate that you have too many space characters on your first line. Your column widths probably don't add up. FTP the file to the server and try to import the definition through the Manager tool. This will help you define the column widths and format options such as the end of line character. You could also do your FTP through an operating script and read the file in through the sequential file stage which has more formating and error handling options then the FTP stage.
goma
Participant

Post by goma »

Suppose you have one columen specified char (5). The data shoud be like below.
XXXXX/n
but the actual data is XXXXX_..... (_is blank ) so operator find blank rather than /n it shoud be.