Failure of Parallel Jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sathyanveshi
Participant

Failure of Parallel Jobs

Post by sathyanveshi »

Hi,

I have a wierd scenario here. My parallel jobs are failing in one project and the same are succeeding in the other.

I have a parallel job which loads first into a Dataset and then another job loads the table reading from the Dataset. The data is being written into the Dataset without any issues. But the job which reads from Dataset and loads the table is failing.

The only error encountered is:

"Oracle_Enterprise_1: query 'select count(*) from
ALL_PART_INDEXES where TABLE_NAME = upper('stg_ps_prod_item')
and OWNER = upper('HUBPRODSTG')
' returned 0"

I could see a few jobs completing suceessfully even after this Fatal error. The parallel job failed eve when I used two Oracle stages to load the data instead of a intermediary Dataset.

If I use a Server job for this purpose, then the job is completing successfully.

On the other hand, the parallel jobs are running fine in a different project on the same server.

As I'm naive to DSEE, this situation is sounding wierd for me.

Can you please let me know whether running of parallel jobs is project-specific?

Also, can you please provide me a checklist of what all should I check?

Cheers,
Mohan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

My parallel jobs are failing in one project and the same are succeeding in the other.

What's different between these two projects?

"Nothing" is not the correct answer.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Hi,
Oracle_Enterprise stage works only on parallel job. Oracle_OCI stage is used for server job.

As you said in your post, the same parallel job works in one project but failed in different project on the same server. In that case, most likely possibility to cause your parallel job to fail will be that two projects have different enviroment variables especially your path for Oracle_Home in each project. Please let me know if you still having the problem.