PATH search failure

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lstsaur
Participant

PATH search failure

Post by lstsaur »

I have installed an evaluation Windows version of PX 7.5x2 server and client on the Windows 2003 Server platform. Every other kind of parallel job has been working just fine except when I tried to run a parallel job, Oracle_Enterprise_0---->Transformer_02---->Seqfile_03, using the Oracle_Enterprise stage, I kept getting the fatal error message such as "Main_program: PATH search failure" and the job aborted.

Has anyone had this kind of problem before? Please advise.
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

Umm. You can contact Ascential about this. After all, it is an evaluation copy they provided for you to determine whether you should buy DataStage for your company, right?

Right?

Trust me, they will definitely be glad to help you make sure everything's working because they definitely want your business.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Well, Ascential sure got our business. We already spent over million$$ on Ascential's products. The only reason that I posted my questions on the DSXCHANGE is I know that I will get more knowledgeable people to provide the exact solution must faster. Actually, at one time I have had three technical consultants from Ascential sat in my old office trying to figure out the installation problems on the AIX boxes.

As I said in my other notes, I got all other types of parallel jobs worked just fine except the Oracle_Enterprise stage. Using this stage, I got "main_program: PATH search failure" error message. I have read all the available installation documentation; but this error message just doesn't give me much of the clue at all. BTW, there is a MKS toolkit installed automatically with the 7.5X2 PX EE Windows version. Will it cause this problem?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

[quote="T42"]Umm. You can contact Ascential about this. After all, it is an evaluation copy they provided for you to determine whether you should buy DataStage for your company, right?

Right?

Trust me, they will definitely be glad to help you make sure everything's working because they definitely want your business.[/quote]
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
In this case since EE on windows is new there may not be many people that can help you yet as you found for your previous case/s.
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

Forgive me for being a bit reluctant in answering -- there are a number of people who try to get us to help them install an illegal copy of DataStage in the past.

I love DSXchange, and want it to succeed. In order to do so, we have to stay honest in the narrow legal definitions.

So...

Have you tried running this:

[row generator] -> [peek]

What messages do you get? Post them here so we can help figure it out.

Then try this:

[row generator] -> [Transformer] -> [peek]

What message did you get? Post them.

Finally, go back to the Oracle job you did.

The first job does not require the use of a C++ compiler. The second job does. Oracle also require its own library paths, although they should be defined AFTER the DataStage paths.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Hi,
The [row generator] -> [Transformer] -> [peek] job compiled and ran just fine. But Oracle_Enterprise_0 -> Seqfile_01 got the same old "main_program: PATH search failure" fatal error.

As I said in my previous notes, all other types of parallel jobs worked just fine except the Oracle_Enterprise stage. Also, the same Oracle_Enterprise stage job worked in Windows 2000 plateform; but it just wouldn't work in Windows 2003 server and this "PATH search failure" error message just doesn't give much of the clue at all.

[quote="T42"]Forgive me for being a bit reluctant in answering -- there are a number of people who try to get us to help them install an illegal copy of DataStage in the past.

I love DSXchange, and want it to succeed. In order to do so, we have to stay honest in the narrow legal definitions.

So...

Have you tried running this:

[row generator] -> [peek]

What messages do you get? Post them here so we can help figure it out.

Then try this:

[row generator] -> [Transformer] -> [peek]

What message did you get? Post them.

Finally, go back to the Oracle job you did.

The first job does not require the use of a C++ compiler. The second job does. Oracle also require its own library paths, although they should be defined AFTER the DataStage paths.[/quote]
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Anyone has an idea solving this problem? Thanks in advance.
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

Sorry, other than to set up your dsenv file to ensure that your paths are correct on the server itself (the server requires an Oracle client, obviously). Care to paste the env path you have from the job run on here? Include all Oracle environment settings, please.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Hi,
I have 7.5x2 EE Windows version DataStage server and client both installed on the Windows 2003 server. There is no dsenv file exists in the Windows environment. As I said in my previous notes, there is a MKS Toolkit is automatically installed with the 7.5x2 EE Windows version. All the environment variables, including the PATH from DS and user defined Oracle_Home and Oracle_SID, will be picked up when the job is submitted.

Ironically, this same parallel job works just fine in Windows 2000 platform. But according to Ascential's installation documentation it should only work on the Windows 2003 platform. Anyway I am giving myself one more day to try to figure it out. Thanks for your reply.

[quote="T42"]Sorry, other than to set up your dsenv file to ensure that your paths are correct on the server itself (the server requires an Oracle client, obviously). Care to paste the env path you have from the job run on here? Include all Oracle environment settings, please.[/quote]
goma
Participant

Post by goma »

It would be good idea to confirm your environment variable setting is correct by using env command with ExecDos in job before routine.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
actually env is for unix set is for dos.
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org