Warning while loading the Look up file set

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

phanee_k
Charter Member
Charter Member

Warning while loading the Look up file set

Post by phanee_k »

Hi ,
When I am loading the Look up file set, the below warning is appearing constantly.

Operator of type "APT_LUTCreateOp": Will partition despite preserve-partitioning flag on dataset on input port 0

The partition type used is "Entire".

What could be the reason and how to resolve it.

thanks,
Phani
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
It seems the engine decided that it must repartition to get the job done for some reason.
In order to give a reason we'll need more info regarding the job design.
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
phanee_k
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by phanee_k »

In this job,
I am extracting data from the oracle table, doing lookup against some tables doing some aggregations and loading to the final output to the target table and as well to the Lookup file set.

Everything is going on smoothly.But at the time of loading the data I am getting this error.

--Phani
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

That warning message is typical for EE. In order to fix this, you need to go to the previous stage, click on its properties, select the "Advanced" tab, set "Preserve Partitioning" to "Clear".

This is caused by the default behavior of DataStage which is to preserve partitioning. This is a very harmless warning message, used to say, "Hey, you're changing something here, are you sure this is the correct behavior you've chosen?"
phanee_k
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by phanee_k »

Thanks for the info.
It worked fine.

Thanks,
Phani