Issue with APT_ORACLE_LOAD_OPTIONS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sathyanveshi
Participant

Issue with APT_ORACLE_LOAD_OPTIONS

Post by sathyanveshi »

Hi,

I was running dataset to Oracle load jobs...I encountered the following errors:

Stg_AdcCustomerNodeHistory_Load: query 'select count(*) from

ALL_PART_INDEXES where TABLE_NAME = upper('STG_ADC_CUSTOMER_NODE_HISTORY')

and OWNER = upper('HUBPRODSTG')

' returned 0

Stg_AdcCustomerNodeHistory_Load: Index option rebuild has been included. In order for this option to be applicable and to work properly, environment variable APT_ORACLE_LOAD_OPTIONS should contain the options DIRECT and PARALLEL set to TRUE, and the option SKIP_INDEX_MAINTENANCE set to YES.This variable has been set by the user to 'OPTIONS(DIRECT=TRUE,PARALLEL=TRUE,SKIP_INDEX_MAINTENANCE=YES)'.

Initially, the values for the environment variable "APT_ORACLE_LOAD_OPTIONS " is not set. The error hinted to add the variable and set the options. Even after including the variable and the options, we still were unable to run the jobs successfully.

Please let me know what more needs to be done?

Cheers,
Mohan
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
Not 100% sure but your table might not be parallel load able, does it run sequentially with upsert mode (run sequentially = in the DBstage execution mode pick the sequential option).
check with you DBAs they can have this info and might even shed light on why you'r getting this as well in case it can be parallely loaded.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org