How to find out the data load in terms of MBs or GBs?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sathyanveshi
Participant

How to find out the data load in terms of MBs or GBs?

Post by sathyanveshi »

Hi,

When I run my data load jobs, what I see on the canvas is the number of rows loaded and the no. of rows loaded per sec (load rate). But I'm more concerned with the data load in terms of MBs or GBs because what I load is huge tables. So, more than the number of rows, I would be more interested in the number of MBs or GBs.

I could calculate this by considering the length of each row in the table. But I have some 20 such huge tables among a plethora of tables.

So, is there any in-built mechanism available with DSEE whereby I can get to see the data loaded in terms of MBs or GBs?

Cheers,
Mohan
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

I posted a routine called GetRowLength. It is part of EtlStats. I have added it to my jobs so I can automatically get MBs/second but ti should not be hard. There is a job called LoadEtlJobLink that will need to call this routine and add a column called AVE_ROW_LENGTH and update it with the value returned from this routine. It should be easy to run a report with MBs/second afterwards.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

is there any in-built mechanism available with DSEE ...
No.
That's why utilities like Kim's are so valuable. :D
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sathyanveshi
Participant

Post by sathyanveshi »

Thanks kduke and Ray..

Cheers,
Mohan