Configuartion file and Deleting dataset

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

learnpx
Participant

Configuartion file and Deleting dataset

Post by learnpx »

I am using "orchadmin delete" to delete the datasets in my PX server. When the APT_CONFIG_FILE variable is not defined, the orchadmin command throws error. Once I define the APT_CONFIG_FILE variable the dataset is getting deleted.

How does that variable influence the deletion of the datasets?

I am using different config files for different jobs.

Do I need to find out the configuration file used in the job in which that particular dataset is created?

appreciate any clarification in this regard.

Hema
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

When you create the dataset it is written to the nodes in the currently selected configuration file. So when you run the delete command you want to be using the same configuration file to delete the dataset from those same nodes.

I am not sure what happens if you provide the wrong configuration file.
learnpx
Participant

Post by learnpx »

Thanks for the reply.

But my requirement is something like this...

I have to delete the datasets in the datastage server in a particular directory. I have to delete all the datasets that are older than a particular time period. I guess it will not be possible to findout the configuration file for every single dataset.. Is there a way to delete that dataset with some default configuration file. In fact I am able to delete the datasets, but will that lead to any other problem..

Thanks in advance
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

The dataset itself already contains the configuration information. Take a look at its header file (although it's pretty garbled, you can see the important parts)

Are you running DataStage in MPP mode?
dsxuserrio
Participant

Post by dsxuserrio »

Hi learnpx
To know which config file was used to create the dataset use the following command

Code: Select all

orchadmin describe -c  test.ds
Thanks
dsxuserrio

Kannan.N
Bangalore,INDIA