Datastage PX Standards/Best Practices

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sudhirmah
Participant

Datastage PX Standards/Best Practices

Post by sudhirmah »

Hi,
Do we have DSEE Standard docs on the forum and PX Best Practices,

TIA
SAM
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
you have the EE developers guide and advanced developers guide (in 7.5) in your docs on the clients
simply in the client: start>Programs>Ascential Datastage>Online Manuals>DataStage Documentation, or under the Docs directory of the client install directory.

You can check with Ascential for "EE Best Practices" courses.

apart from those resources you can ask questions in this foum and get answers.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
sudhirmah
Participant

Post by sudhirmah »

Thanks Roy,
But if experienced folks like you can share some standards that will be great, we are still using 7.1r2, have not upgraded to 7.5.

TIA
SAM
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Unfortunatly this is not something anyone can cover in a simple post.
the prefered method is when you need to perform a task of great importance/complexity and such you can post what you need to do and ask for recomendations from the people in the forum.
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
sudhirmah
Participant

Post by sudhirmah »

Thanks, I have a seq. file with record lenth of 800KB & it is having around 12m records. I want to load this file parallely. Currently i am doing a split on unix and loading the files in parallely. is there a better way using PX to load the file in parallel without doing split on unix.

TIA
SAM
nkreddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nkreddy »

EE needs to know how file is divided into rows and how row is divided into columns.

Sequential File Stage can be parallel if reading multiple files(check out the file pattern option)

Under properties tab, check the "Number of readers per node" option--The sequential stage can use multiple readers within a node on fixed width file...For my extracts, I keep it 4...These are things you can incorporate to have the sequential file work in parallel mode..
NK
dsxuserrio
Participant

Post by dsxuserrio »

Sudhirmah
Thanks, I have a seq. file with record lenth of 800KB & it is having around 12m records. I want to load this file parallely. Currently i am doing a split on unix and loading the files in parallely. is there a better way using PX to load the file in parallel without doing split on unix.
Please start a new thread for different questions.
Thanks
dsxuserrio

Kannan.N
Bangalore,INDIA