Utitlity functions

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

akrzy
Participant

Utitlity functions

Post by akrzy »

Can I use Utility server transforms (e.g. UtilityMessageToJob) to create Paralle jobs ?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

akrzy,

I think you meant to say "to create messages" in parallel jobs in your post, otherwise the answer is a no.

Although the majority of the Px engine runs outside of the DS server environment and therefore doesn't allow you to call DS Basic routines, there are still a couple of options in the before & after job and also if you decided to use a Basic-transform stage - but this is highly discouraged as it removes any Px speed & parallelility advantages.
akrzy
Participant

Post by akrzy »

Hmm
But I have definitions of this functions in the Transforms tress..
Can i use it just for BASIC - Trnasformer stage?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

akrzy,

if the Function-drop-down list in a transform shows the function you want to use then by all means use it! You might have a C-function or be using a Basic transform stage.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
All Basic related routines/transforms are usable via sever jobs or a basic transformer placed in a parallel job.

as for the original question:
Can I use Utility server transforms (e.g. UtilityMessageToJob) to create Paralle jobs ?
to create parallel jobs :shock: , did you really mean that? or did you mean something else?

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org