APT_EXECUTION_MODE :

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jatinrheen
Participant

APT_EXECUTION_MODE :

Post by jatinrheen »

Hi ,

Can anyone explain me what this environment variable is used for ? Actually I need to get the counts of Number of Inserts/Updates in the Oracle DB. I call the Oracle stage from a Tranformer where I have a stage variable incremented by 1 each time I go for an INSERT/UPDATE .

If I run this job in Parallel Mode with 2 nodes in the Config file , Ascential make mulitple processes (one on each node) and the I get this count incorrect .

On reading through the ascential book, this variable seems benefitial ..Or can anyone tell me how/where we define CONDUCTOR node in Config file.

Let me know if some one knows abut it.

Regards
Jatinder Singh
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

APT_EXECUTION_MODE=ONE_PROCESS

This means one process Per node.

So if you set this variable to one process and then use the 2 node config file, when you looked in the Director log you would see something like:
StageName_0,0: message (i.e node0 - one process)
StageName_1,0: message

By Default If you run multiple processes you would see something like
StageName_0,0: message (i.e. node0 - process 1)
StageName_0,1: message (i.e node0 - process 2)
StageName_1,0: message
StageName_1,1: message

The Conductor node is the machine that you have installed DataStage onto. (i.e In MPP configurations the parallel Engine can sit on multiple machines that are all used at runtime, but only one machine has the full install - this is the conductor node)

Hope this helps ?