Problem in jobs with Funnel Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

memrinal
Participant

Problem in jobs with Funnel Stage

Post by memrinal »

Hi all,
I have a Sever job, which calls several jobs -Both server and Parallel, after after reading the job names from a list and setting their parameters.
This was working fine for all the jobs till i tried to run a parallel job with a funnel stage in it. I am not even able to see a log single entry for that job in the director as the log for that job remains blank. the status for the job is shown as "Running"
Even now the jobs prior to the job with funnel run fine , but the job with funnel goes into deadlock. I have alrady set the parameter
$APT_MAXIMUM_TIMEOUT=1
but still the problem is continuing.
Thanks in Advance
Mrinal
rsrikant
Participant

Post by rsrikant »

Hello mrinal,

Before finding out the problem we may need more info.

1. Is the job running fine when ran independently?
2. How can you say the problem is because of the funnel? What are the other stages in the job. Can you give more info on the job design.

Probably the job is running infinitely. Just give the above details.

Regards,
Srikanth Reddy
memrinal
Participant

Post by memrinal »

Hi Srikanth,
The job is running fine when run independently.
I am sure the problem is because of funnel, as all jobs without funnel run fine, but jobs with funnel run infinitely.
the jobs that run infinitely have sequential files,tranformers and funnel and nothing else.
Please let me know what may be reason for this,
TIA
Mrinal
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

There may be a bug with Director. What version of DataStage are you using exactly?

When you show the log, are you "Filter Entries" to the last previous run?

Try View | Show All if the above is the case.

You can also view the job running on the command line (Do a "ps -ef |grep [username] |grep DSD.RUN" -- this should work on common UNIX command line.) If there is nothing showing for your job, then you should stop it, reset it, and try again. You may need to force compile it to get it to clean up everything.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do parallel jobs also run via DSD.RUN? I understood that this was only for server jobs and job sequences. But I'm happy to learn stuff.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

Yup. This is what's going on right now:

ETL::Dev([path])> ps -ef |grep DSD.RUN
[username] 606412 913512 0 11:07:30 - 0:00 phantom DSD.RUN [job] 0/0 [parameters]

The parent process is Director I have open right now.