Compilation issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

roy
Participant

Compilation issue

Post by roy »

Hi All,
We have in our dev box 1 user limit in our compiler.
this results in long time compilations when more then 1 user compiles at the same time since the second one trying to compile is being thrown out and seems to be waiting in a queue by the designer for retry.
whil this happens the develope may wait 10 minutes even in which usually no compilation takes place but DS is simply waiting till a retry is sent.

Solution:
buy additional compiler lisences.

Work Around:
work with the same user for all developers.

now if I can configure that darn wait cycle I might have a resonable wait when this happens and a 3rd option!
Does anyone has this knowledge???

(hmm this sounds more like a FAQ then a question :roll: )

Thanks in advance,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
dsxuserrio
Participant

Post by dsxuserrio »

Did you try exporting the LICENSE_FILE as a variable in UNIX?? Find out where the license file is and export it as a variable.

Hope this solves your problem.

In case you are not able to solve this let me give you a small tip.
When user A compiles , B can not use the copiler. Even after A has stopped using the compiler , B has to wait for some time ( 5 to 10 minutes. Something like a timeout ). So talk to other users and do the compiles in groups. Let A finish all his compiles. Then B can do. This way you can save the timeout period.
dsxuserrio

Kannan.N
Bangalore,INDIA
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

Actually, it depends on the compiler itself. One user may actually means one usage at a time.

In other words, only 1 C code is compiled at a time.

You would notice an improvement on compile time if you reduce/eliminate transformers. However, runtime benefits may hurt.