Capture all rejecting rows from job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

akrzy
Participant

Capture all rejecting rows from job

Post by akrzy »

Hi,

It's me again :)

I know that I can capture rejecting rows from every Trnasformer separately.

But I'd like to collect all rejecting rows into one files indepednently.

Do you know any Macro or function to do that?

Thanks,
Anka
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hello akrzy,

you can capture all the reject rows into a database file, since databases are designed to automatically control concurrent writes. You cannot write to a flat (sequential) file from several different process concurrently. So if in your job you point all the reject links to, say, a DataStage hashed file, and ensure that all generate a unique key then subsequently you can read that hashed file into a sequential file.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

You can write into multiple sequential files and then concatenate them together. You can store them in DataSets for better performance.
akrzy
Participant

Post by akrzy »

But there aren't hashed files in DS PX.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

But you can store them in table as he said.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

akrzy,

there are no hash file stages in Px as you said. You can write to UniVerse hash files from PX through ODBC (or, to be correct, by using the "Dynamic RDBMS" stage). It boils down to two generic choices - writing to several sequential files [each with 1W&NR access] and subsequently merging them into one sequential or file set OR writing to a single database table of your choice by all links. If you have many rejects then write to parallel sequential files for performance, if you have only a few rejects write to a consolidated table for simplicity. The choice is yours.