Job is "Running" even after its sequence is aborte

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sathyanveshi
Participant

Job is "Running" even after its sequence is aborte

Post by sathyanveshi »

Hi,

I have a sequence which in turn triggers off a few other jobs to run. A peculiar case has happened. The sequencer aborted, but one of the jobs that it has triggered off is still Running. I tried to run the sequence again, but the sequence failed.

I need to know how can a job still be Running whereas its sequence is abroted.

Also, I tried stopping the job using the Stop button in the Director. But it has no effect. May I know how can I forcibly stop a Running job?

Cheers,
Mohan
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Verify that it is still running. Do a ps -ef |grep phantom to see what parts are still moving. If there are no parts, then the job may have died tragically and never updated its status. Clearing the status of the job using Director or recompiling will fix that. If the job is still running, then you're going to have to either using the Director Stop button or find another means to cause it to stop and then reset it the job.

By the way, the Sequencer blowing up does not stop jobs from running, they are separate processes.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
Amos.Rosmarin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Amos.Rosmarin »

Use Terminator_Activity for sending stop command to all the jobs and perform friendly check-out

Amos