job parameter error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chenxs
Participant

job parameter error

Post by chenxs »

Hi, all!
I am newer here.

I have define a job parameter : ENV_DBSERVER, compiled but when run,
it raise error:

main_program: Parameter not resolvable: DSCAPIOP_ENV_DBSERVER
main_program: Parameterization Error: Parameterization failed.

why will add a prefix DSCAPIOP_ ?
and how to solve this problem?

thanks
chenxs
Participant

Post by chenxs »

any idea?
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

Does this problem persist when you change the name of the parameter to something else, say... "PARM_DBSERVER"?

Pull up the environment parameter $APT_DISABLE_COMBINATION to the job's parameter list, set the value to 1, and re-run the job, and see which stage it complains at.

For some stages, you need to include the pound sign (#), for example, Database stages in SQL statements. IN other locations, you don't need the pound sign (for example, Transformer.)

Let us know what you find out when you use the DISABLE_COMBINATION environment parameter.
chenxs
Participant

Post by chenxs »

T42 wrote:Does this problem persist when you change the name of the parameter to something else, say... "PARM_DBSERVER"?

Pull up the environment parameter $APT_DISABLE_COMBINATION to the job's parameter list, set the value to 1, and re-run the job, and see which stage it complains at.

For some stages, you need to include the pound sign (#), for example, Database stages in SQL statements. IN other locations, you don't need the pound sign (for example, Transformer.)

Let us know what you find out when you use the DISABLE_COMBINATION environment parameter.
Thx for your reply first!
I have set $APT_DISABLE_COMBINATION to 1, and add a new parameter named "TESTVAR", rerun the job..still has the error

main_program: Parameter not resolvable: DSCAPIOP_TESTVAR
main_program: Parameterization Error: Parameterization failed.

and my job parameters below:
$APT_DISABLE_COMBINATION = True
PDC_DBSERVER = servername
TESTVAR = servername

If I just defined them, and have not used these job parameters in any stage.
The job will run continue.
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

Are you trying to run the job across multiple machines? (mpp)

Are you using server components (server shared containers/ server transformer) on the parallel job canvas?
chenxs
Participant

Post by chenxs »

Eric wrote:Are you trying to run the job across multiple machines? (mpp)

Are you using server components (server shared containers/ server transformer) on the parallel job canvas?

thx

I just used sybase oc stage only,

I dont know what happen...
chenxs
Participant

Post by chenxs »

somebody help help~~
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Silence on the forum usually means one of three things.
(1) no-one knows the answer
(2) someone is thinking about the answer but hasn't got there yet
(3) someone who knows the answer has not logged in again yet

This forum is NOT a support organization. If you want support, go to your support provider - after all, that's why you pay a maintenance fee. If you want urgent support, you can sign up with them for that too, at a premium (which will highlight the true cost of "urgent").

Here we're just a community of users trying to help each other. It is outside the remit to demand, or even to beg for, answers. I would guess that option (1) above might apply here. :cry:

Then again, you didn't reply to Eric's questions, which might have been aimed at narrowing down the possible causes. You must help us to help you. He wanted to know if you're executing in an SMP (symmetric multi-processing) or MPP (massively parallel processing) environment. He also wanted to know whether you had used any server components in a parallel job - you can not have a job that uses "The Sybase OC stage only", you must have at least one more stage or the job can not actually do anything.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

Yes Ray, I'm not sure of the answer ... but I'll have another go

As I understand DSCAPIOP is used with the DataStage Server.
As the sybase oc is a plug-in, I guess it's not a True Parallel component and contains some Server parts. So this indicates that the error is coming from the sybase stage.

(I assume you are not using any containers)

Lets start with: How are you using the job parameter within the sybase OC stage?
chenxs
Participant

Post by chenxs »

thx all,

I dont know how to solve until now...