CDC Stage - Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Maharaj
Participant

CDC Stage - Error

Post by Maharaj »

Hi

Iam using a CDC Stage to implement the SCD .

I have a two input datasets . Both are having almost 20 columns . But i specified the change values for only 2 columns based on the Key value . In the CDC stage i get the following error for all columsn other than the key colum and change value columns

CDC_Recrods: When checking operator: Defaulting "Column 2" in
transfer from "beforeRec" to "outputRec"
CDC_Recrods: When checking operator: Defaulting "Column 3" in
CDC_Recrods: When checking operator: Defaulting "Column 4" in
:
Please let me know how to correct this error

Thanks in advance :)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are they errors (red icon) or warnings (yellow icon)?

Warnings can be issued to inform you that something unusual - not necessarily wrong - has occurred. In this case, since you did not specify change values, the CDC stage is reporting to you that it had to set defaults, which might be a vital piece of knowledge when diagnosing what's occurring in the job design.

They are warnings because the CDC stage does not usually set defaults; it "expects" that change values would be specified for all columns.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

Suggestion:

Have something like this:

Code: Select all

OLD_tfm------v
   |         | 
   v         v
  CDC----->JOIN---------->
   ^         ^
   |         |
NEW_TFM------^
Only pass the fields that you want to match as key and values to the CDC stage. Move all extra fields you NEED to the Join stage. Use CDC link as the master field, and join the other links.

You don't have to use a Transformer, but if you want to have a 'previous' data, and 'current' data, the transformer can handle that easily.

This will eliminate your warning messages which indicates that you are 'defaulting' values for passed fields where you have NO match for from the other link due to a failure to match. This is usually the fields you are passing from OLD.
Maharaj
Participant

Post by Maharaj »

Thanks a lot ray and T42. I have implemented the changes CDC + joiner to pick the other fields and later linking . Its perfectly working now .

Thanks
:lol: