Schema propagation warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Jay
Participant

Schema propagation warning

Post by Jay »

Hi All,

I am getting the following warning at the Transformer stage.

TranEmployee_csv: When checking operator: Data set (Virtual dataset; output of "APT_TransformOperatorImplJob_TranEmployee_csv in TranEmployee_csv"; input to "Oracle_217.inEmployeeSort") has preset schema that differs from the propagated schema. Propagated fields not in existing schema will be dropped; fields in existing schema but not propagated will be defaulted.

It seems that due to this problem the rows are getting rejected. I might be wrong here...

Any ideas as to how to overcome this problem.

Thanks
Jay
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Just the obvious one - make sure that the schema (metadata) on both sides of the Transformer match.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Jay
Participant

Post by Jay »

Thanks Ray. I'll keep you posted ....
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

It could be caused by column propagation, especially on fields that you changed the metadata for but not the name. If you couldn't figure out how to address this, just turn off the column propagation for that stage, and see if that shut the log up.
Jay
Participant

Post by Jay »

Its behaving funny ....

I matched both the schemas and am able to populate the target table , finally (sigh of relief!!!)...But i am still getting the warning of "Mismatched schemas"....Column propagation is set to off...

Thanks
Jay
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

I will definitely have to see the job and the log in order to figure out what went wrong.
Jay
Participant

Post by Jay »

I am still getting this warning for all the PX jobs....

How will you see the job ? Shall i send you a dsx file ?