How can I install tutorial px at home as a astudent ?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

drorya
Participant

How can I install tutorial px at home as a astudent ?

Post by drorya »

:roll:
from dror
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi and Welcome aboard :),
you can't !!!
only recently they released PX for windows.
till then you could only design (not even compile PX) on windows.
secondly since there is no server "home edition" out there having a PX home eddition is most unlikely to happen.

the only way for you to have a home installation is getting a real installation, now if you won't buy it you'r getting into legal issues from here till never-ever-land.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
s_boyapati
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: How can I install tutorial px at home as a astudent ?

Post by s_boyapati »

drorya wrote::roll:
from dror
Never use illegal copy. Ascential is more aware of license issues. As apart of my job, I have to use different installation procedures as per client standards. That procedure violates license terms, so we took permission by e-mail. Don't make mistake in this.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D

As the other posters have said, Ascential does not currently offer anything like a personal edition of DataStage - you either buy a full licence or nothing.

If there is a reasonable prospect of a sale, some vendors may arrange an evaluation licence - a full licence with an expiry date in the near future. But this is never guaranteed.

Possibly, if there is sufficient groundswell from the user community, then Ascential may be persuaded to provide some self-learning mechanisms. Currently there is web-based instruction, but you don't get to play with the tools unless you have them.

One idea that I just had is that Ascential could sell a short-lived client-only licence and allow you to connect to one of its Education servers, with your very own project.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

How do you do it? Easy!

Just find a credit card that have an unlimited credit line. Ascential do accept American Express, I believe.

Contact your nearest Ascential Sales dude.

Buy a license for a huge ungodly amount of money.

Install with your provided licensed code you bought with your hard-earned credit!

ENJOY!