join or merge in combining

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jayantthakore
Participant

join or merge in combining

Post by jayantthakore »

gud morning everyone,
I want to add a dataset having only one row and one column having the max surrogate key from previous stage to the incoming data which is not having this column plus millions of rows.
Moreover i have to use this value a the initial value in the surrogate key stage.
help me out guys.
thanks
s_boyapati
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: join or merge in combining

Post by s_boyapati »

jayantthakore wrote:gud morning everyone,
I want to add a dataset having only one row and one column having the max surrogate key from previous stage to the incoming data which is not having this column plus millions of rows.
Moreover i have to use this value a the initial value in the surrogate key stage.
help me out guys.
thanks
Use row generator.
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

Do a lookup with that dataset, and use the Transformer to add that value to whatever value that is given for that particular record by the surrogate key stage.

Yeah, it includes the column in the 'millions of records' -- but what's the harm, really? It's all mostly in memory at this point, and you can filter out that column before migrating everything else forward beyond the transformer.

You do know you could pick and choose columns to migrate, right?