APT_DUMP_SCORE

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jatinrheen
Participant

APT_DUMP_SCORE

Post by jatinrheen »

Hi ,

I want to know how I can make use of this Environment Variable...I have read much about it and included this in my Job but there is no documentation in support of this ...
Thanks
saravana.raj@wipro
Participant

Post by saravana.raj@wipro »

This environment variable(APT_DUMP_SCORE=1) helps in the following

A score dump includes a variety of information about a flow, including how composite operators and shared containers break down; where data is repartitioned and how it is repartitioned; which operators, if any, have been inserted by EE; what degree of parallelism each operator runs with; and exactly which nodes each operator runs on. Also available is some information about where data may be buffered
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

APT_DUMP_SCORE provide details in the log output on how the framework partition the datasets, and the processes/partitioning that the operator are taking up.

This information is useful when you wish to observe the partitioning process of your job, and identifying potential bottlenecks on your job flow (especially tasks that are inserted by default by the framework).

For further information, I am aware of classes that discuss this, along with other advanced EE topics available from Ascential.
mujeebur
Participant

where this file created ?

Post by mujeebur »

where this file will be created in UNIX ? which path ?