Error in shell script having Oracle Connection using DS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajeev_prabhuat
Participant

Error in shell script having Oracle Connection using DS

Post by rajeev_prabhuat »

Hi,

Through Datastage, the shell script having Oracle Connection is throwing one error. The same shell script is working fine directly through Unix.

Although, independantly the Oracle is working fine throuth datastage, yet the shell script with the Oracle is not working. The shell script is working only after removing oracle part from the script.

The error which I am getting, is as follows:
/usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: '/opt/ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/lib/PA_RISC/hotspot/libjvm.sl' is not a valid load module: Bad magic number
/opt/dsadm/odh_job_individual.sh[38]: 19180 Killed.
The shell script is as follows:
#-----------------------
uid=xxxxx
pwd=xxxxx
svr=xxxxx
#Delete the job_rpt files
#-----------------------
rm ${job_report_path}job_report.txt

#Build Oracle connection string and connect and perform preprocessing
#-----------------------
OracleConnstrg=${uid}/${pwd}@${svr}
sqlplus $OracleConnstrg<<! >&2
@drop_index.sql
#-----------------------

Can you please tell that what is the meaning of this error and the significance of this path:
'/opt/ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/lib/PA_RISC/hotspot/libjvm.sl'

Also please tell us what to do to successfully call shell script (having Oracle connection) through DataStage.

Thanks in Advance,
Rajeev Prabhu
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

This sounds like an invironment issue, and the libraries are not being loaded in the correct order etc ...

It would help to know what Unix Platform (OS) you are running and the Revision number. (My guess is that you are running on HP-UX)

You need to look at the PATH and library environment variables. The difference you need to find is between the Environment that DataStage is using and the one that the Login Shell is using.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Your first line needs to point to the shell you are using like :

Code: Select all

#!/bin/ksh
Try that. There was a bug in HP-UX that Craig and others reported on this forum.
Mamu Kim
rajeev_prabhuat
Participant

Post by rajeev_prabhuat »

Hi Eric,

Thankyou for the response, yes we are suing HP-UX.

As you told i checked the path of both DS and that in environment. The path details is as follows:

DS PATH:
/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/contrib/bin/X11:/opt/aCC/bin:.
Envorinment PATH:
/var/opt/ascential/scripts:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/usr/contrib/bin:.:.:/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.5/bin:
/opt/ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/bin:/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0.5/bin:/usr/lib
Is this setting correct, please help me in this setting.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu
Eric wrote:This sounds like an invironment issue, and the libraries are not being loaded in the correct order etc ...

It would help to know what Unix Platform (OS) you are running and the Revision number. (My guess is that you are running on HP-UX)

You need to look at the PATH and library environment variables. The difference you need to find is between the Environment that DataStage is using and the one that the Login Shell is using.
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

Move your Ascential paths BEFORE any databases path settings. That should do the trick.
Thankyou for the response, yes we are suing HP-UX.
:lol: Darn that Fiorina! SUE HER!