Compare Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Marley777
Premium Member
Premium Member

Compare Stage

Post by Marley777 »

:?

Hi, how can I use the compare stage to compare files from 2 different lpars (same server box)? I currently have Datastage PX 7.0 installed on 2 laprs and access both lpars using the same client.

Thanks for your time!!!
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

laprs? Lpars? I am totally at a loss in trying to understand what you're saying here. Are you referring to a different server partition?

The Compare stage just simply compare whatever data that are being provided to it from two different sources. Read the help file on it, and the Compare Stage chapter on parjdev.pdf file.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Logical partitions are a way of making one set of hardware behave as if it's more than one. I am not aware of any way of processing from more than one LPAR at a time from one process.

Why not try it, and let us know?

PX runs in multiple processes, and can run in an MPP environment.

However, whether these can happily feed the Compare stage is another issue completely.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Marley777
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Marley777 »

To compare two files from two different servers or lpars I use the ftp stage. The file are created by the same process, but different lpars (we do this to test upgrades and installs).

Via the DS client I log into the test lpar and create a job that will bring the test file using a seq stage and the prod file(remote) by using the ftp stage. I bring the two files together and compare them using the compare stage. So the answer to my question is use the ftp plug-in stage in order remotely access data. In my case it was for compare purposes.

for those who responded or read my post. I greatly appreciate your time :D .
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I believe that your approach - using FTP and comparing locally - is the only one that will work. How can you get the Compare stage even to refer to something in a different LPAR? However, I'd be quite happy to be proven wrong on this one.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.