uv, uvsh and dssh commands not working in DS 7.0

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinodlakshmanan
Participant

uv, uvsh and dssh commands not working in DS 7.0

Post by vinodlakshmanan »

I am trying to run the uv command from the console, but it is giving the following error:

Code: Select all

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't find path for shared library: libUtilWSClient.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
Abort(coredump)
What could be the problem?
l_homme_de_rio
Participant

Post by l_homme_de_rio »

hi,
You must "source" the dsenv first
vinodlakshmanan
Participant

I did execute $DSHOME/dsenv before running the commands. This works fine on 6.0 server.
datastage
Participant

Post by datastage »

did you recently upgrade to 7.0? I have any specific info for you but this does look like something that falls into the 'bad installation' area.
Byron Paul
WARNING: DO NOT OPERATE DATASTAGE WITHOUT ADULT SUPERVISION.

"Strange things are afoot in the reject links" - from Bill & Ted's DataStage Adventure
vinodlakshmanan
Participant

No, its on a server dedicated to using DS 7.0 PX. ANd this is a problem on 2 servers, not 1. And one installation is a production server.
l_homme_de_rio
Participant

Post by l_homme_de_rio »

Are you sure it s a DS problem ???

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't find path for shared library: libUtilWSClient.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory

DS doesn't use anything in /usr/lib I guess
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It does use dld - the Dynamic Loader. And dld is what is complaining that it can't find a shared libarary to load.

I'd do a search for that missing .sl file and add where it lives to your Shard Library path in dsenv, bounce DataStage, and see if that helps.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

I would bet that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH needs to point to DataStage first. This path is usually pointing to Oracle first. The order is important. It usually is set in dsenv.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DSHOME/java/jre/lib/sparc/client:$DSHOME/java/jre/lib/s
parc:`dirname $DSHOME`/branded_odbc/lib:$DSHOME/lib:$DSHOME/uvdlls:$LD_LIBRARY_P
ATH
        export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

########################################################################
# Kim added 4-26-2004
########################################################################
        LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
        export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
We have Oracle first if you look here at the dsenv code. Try it both ways. Let us know.
Mamu Kim
vinodlakshmanan
Participant

The LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not defined, but SHLIB_PATH is defined in $DSHOME/dsenv. I'm pasting the same below:

SHLIB_PATH=`dirname $DSHOME`/branded_odbc/lib:$DSHOME/lib:$DSHOME/uvdlls:$DSHOME/java/jre/lib/PA_RISC/hotspot:$DSHOME
/java/jre/lib/PA_RISC:/opt/oracle/9.2.0.4.0/lib:$SHLIB_PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/lib:$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib
        export SHLIB_PATH
We are using HP-UX B.11.11 as the server. Hence I think there is no problem with the variable as such, but is th path setting OK?
Also the file (on which there is an erro) is there in the DS lib directory, but the error still persists. Do I have to change the order of libraries, viz. put Oracle path first?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

SHLIB_PATH is correct for HP/UX, it's what we run here. You need to make a small correction to your settings as you seem to have the classic problem of pointing to the 64bit Oracle libraries rather than the 32bit libraries first. Try it like this:

SHLIB_PATH=`dirname $DSHOME`/branded_odbc/lib:
$DSHOME/lib:$DSHOME/uvdlls:$DSHOME/java/jre/lib/PA_RISC/hotspot:
$DSHOME /java/jre/lib/PA_RISC:$ORACLE_HOME/lib32:
$ORACLE_HOME/lib:$SHLIB_PATH
(I put some returns in to keep it from becoming one long line, you'll need to take them back out if you cut-and-paste this)

Tack all the new information on the front of the current SHLIB_PATH by mentioning it last. Ditch the hard-coded Oracle information and stick with the $ORACLE_HOME you should have set above this in the file. I don't believe you need the 'rdbms' libs, but you do need to have the 'lib32' one first. This is what ours looks like running 7.0.1 on HP/UX 11.11. I had to change it slightly on our 7.5 test server but that's a whole 'nuther story. :wink:

Make that change, restart the server and let us know what happens.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vinodlakshmanan
Participant

Yes it worked. Thanks all.