query regarding reject files using merge stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chiranjeevi
Participant

query regarding reject files using merge stage

Post by chiranjeevi »

hi all,

i am trying to use two output files from a merge stage out of which one is a valid file and the other is a reject file.

i am not able to add additional columns in the reject file than those which r available in the input,

is there any way to do that,

regards,
chiranjeevi
rajeev_prabhuat
Participant

Re: query regarding reject files using merge stage

Post by rajeev_prabhuat »

Hi Chiranjeevi,

You cannot add or delete the columne if you tick the reject check box int he constaraint. Rather you create another constraing and populate the rejected rows without checking the reject option and add needed columns that you want.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu
chiranjeevi wrote:hi all,

i am trying to use two output files from a merge stage out of which one is a valid file and the other is a reject file.

i am not able to add additional columns in the reject file than those which r available in the input,

is there any way to do that,

regards,
chiranjeevi
richdhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by richdhan »

Hi Chiranjeevi,

The output from the reject link can be passed through a column generator and the required columns can be added to the stream.

HTH
--Rich

Pride comes before a fall
Humility comes before honour
chiranjeevi
Participant

Post by chiranjeevi »

hi richadan,
i am able to create a new column using column generator but
i am not able to define a derivation for that new column

can u suggest me where i am going wrong,

regards,
chiranjeevi
richdhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by richdhan »

Hi,

In the column generator stage under Output tab select columns tab. Do you see a column named field properties? If you don't goto step1.

Step1:
In the columns tab select a row, right click and select properties. Check the 'Field Properties' check box and select 'Save settings for future display'

Step2:
Double click the field properties for the column you have defined. There is a section named 'Available properties to add'. Click Algorithm and you get the property known as Value. Click the Value property and add the corresponding value

HTH
--Rich

Pride comes before a fall
Humility comes before honour