MaKe Subrecord

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Prashantoncyber
Participant

MaKe Subrecord

Post by Prashantoncyber »

Hi All,

We are Developing the Make_SubRecord job given in Examples (From PageNo 42-3 to 45-6) in Chapter-42 of DataStageParallelDeveloper job Document.

InputData------------->MakeSubrecordStage-------------->OutputData
(DataSetFile) (DataSetFile)

1)While viewing the data in OutputFile, It is appearing as" ( ) "in Parent Column instead of as shown in Page No 42-5.

2)When we are building the Make SlitSubrecord Stage (Reverse of above) using OutputData of above as input we are not able to get original Date.
However job runs successfully.

Thanks In Advance
Prashant
Prashantoncyber
Participant

Post by Prashantoncyber »

I am waiting for the reply
dspxlearn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dspxlearn »

hi,

Even i a facing the same problem...Could you resolve this problem
Thanks and Regards!!
dspxlearn
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

In your original post you didn't ask a specific question or give enough information to get a solution. You are trying to get the make subrecord stage work. Start off with a simple case - perhaps 2 column types and very simple test data of 2 values each and see what is coming out and what you expect. Then if it can't be resolved, post that information with your input column definitions and values.
dspxlearn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dspxlearn »

Hi ArndW,

Acutally i need the source data as shown in the manuals for the 'make subrecord stage'. for which i have used the make vector stage to create three vector columns. This data i am passing through the make surecord stage to get the reqiured output.

In my first job (make vector stage) my
source was like
key col0 col1 col2 col3
A 3 6 2 9
B 3 2 7 2
C 7 8 8 5
D 4 8 7 1
E 1 6 2 5
F 0 1 6 7

output was like from the data set management browser

key col
A [0:3 1:6 2:2 3:9]
C [0:7 1:8 2:8 3:5]
E [0:1 1:6 2:2 3:5]
B [0:3 1:2 2:7 3:2]
D [0:4 1:8 2:7 3:1]
F [0:0 1:1 2:6 3:7]

here 'col' is the vector column.similarly i have one more such column by the name 'filed'

This output i am sending to the make sub record stage.

the output should be like

key parent
A 3 6 2 9
C 7 8 8 5
E 1 6 2 5
B 3 2 7 2
D 4 8 7 1
F 0 1 6 7

but this is outputting as i posted earlier with '()'.
Thanks and Regards!!
dspxlearn
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I'm not sure what is going wrong, I've just written a test program and can create vectors but the makesubrecord isn't working for me, either. I'm afraid I'm out of time right now to test this further (at least for today) but it seems to be some sort of an output column definition issue.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I haven't used Make Subrecord stage, but I definitely can get subrecords out of a Compare stage (7.5.1A and 7.5x2) so the technology exists.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dspxlearn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dspxlearn »

Hi

Its working now..The data format which is outputting is different form the output which is shown in the pdf manuals..
And the () is because of the RCP..I enabled it in the source but not in the make subrecord stage...when i enabled it across all the 3 stages its working and showing up the required output...

And one more thing i noticed is that in the dataset management utility the data is shown along with the vectors numbers but in the dataset(my target file) the output is shown without the vector numbers..

To test it i've used the reverse way using the split vector stage and it is showing the correct output...

Thanks ArndW, ray.wurlod for your inputs..
Thanks and Regards!!
dspxlearn