Job Sequence Compilation Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rsrikant
Participant

Job Sequence Compilation Error

Post by rsrikant »

Hi Everyone,

I have created 3 parallel jobs and all 3 are running fine. Now, when i try to sequence these jobs, I get a compilation error. The error message is pasted below.

<JobSeqGenError>
<Code>2017</Code>
<Desc>XML parser error on input line 0: source='', reason='The system cannot locate the resource specified.
'</Desc>
<LineNum>0</LineNum>
<Line></Line>
<Ref></Ref>
<Version>7.1.0.8</Version>
</JobSeqGenError>

Any idea why the compilation is failing?? :idea:
Thanks in advance!!!
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

Hi

I think this is some of the value setting missing in the Server setup. Please check with your DS administrator.

Rgs
Mandyli.
Woth
Participant

Re: Job Sequence Compilation Error

Post by Woth »

Good morning,
I get thoses errors when I created ths sequencer, set the jobs activities, but changed the name of the job for some dark reason. Check if the name that you specified is valid. I think that could be it.

Wothan
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

Hi,

I think if you directly using Datastage client and connect to server it will not give this error . if u use any other Interface for connecting datastage client it will error..

please try like this.
rsrikant
Participant

Post by rsrikant »

We are using Citrix to work on DataStage from a remote location.
Probably the problem is in using Citrix. As, of now the problem got resolved. I will post the solution once i come to know what resolved the issue.

For time being, when the same issue is posted in Ascential forum, we got some useful information. Thought of sharing with everyone in this forum.

Code: Select all

Job Sequence compilation involves the pre-compiler in the Designer creating a temporary file containing XML on the client, in the C:\Program Files\Ascential\DataStage directory. It looks awfully like the next part of the process, that generates code from the XML instructions, cannot find or read that file for some reason. This might be because of your use of Citrix, but I'm not really sure. 

One thing you could try is - if you press & hold the CTRL key at the same time as you click the Compile button, AND HOLD IT DOWN ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE COMPILE SEQUENCE, the interim file gets left behind. Its name looks like: yourjobname_dsintermincodegen.xml. If you see one of those created in the above directory, it's being written OK and it's the reader that can't find it somehow. If you don't see it created, then the Designer for some reason can't write to that directory.
rsrikant
Participant

Post by rsrikant »

Here is the fix for this issue.

Code: Select all

Proper rights should be given to the folder C:\Program Files\Ascential\DataStage so that the xml file used for compilation can be written. It means all the users who need to work on DataStage should have write permissions to this folder. This situation arises when using a remote interface like Citrix to work on DataStage. In this case multiple users from offsite will connect using Citrix to the same m/c on which the DataStage client is installed. So, all these users should be given write permissions to C:\Program Files\Ascential\DataStage folder.
Hope this is helpful for all of you!!! :D
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

Thanks
HSBCdev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by HSBCdev »

Has anyone had problems with this solution. My Systems Guardian is worried that giving write access to this directory could be dangerous - contention, uncontrolled access, potential to crash the server, etc.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's the folder for the client tools, so there's no likelihood of crashing the server.
On the other hand, it does allow for mischief (for example changing the stage bitmaps!).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sagarkulkarni_in
Participant

Getting same error as you had for sequencer

Post by sagarkulkarni_in »

[quote="rsrikant"]

Hi srikant,

I am getting the same error as you were for sequencer. Do u have any solution.

Thanks
Sagar :(
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Try your (write) permission on your DataStage installation directory in your client (local) machine. Do you have it?
sagarkulkarni_in
Participant

I wil try it .

Post by sagarkulkarni_in »

I dont have the write permission to DataStage folder. I will ask m administrator to give me a write access. I hope that resolves the problem.

Thanks
Sagar :!: