MAP_COVG_06,1: APT_DB2Query::fetch failed; code -290: SQL029

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Marley777
Premium Member
Premium Member

MAP_COVG_06,1: APT_DB2Query::fetch failed; code -290: SQL029

Post by Marley777 »

:oops:
Has anyone ever received this message? What did you do to fix the problem? We greatly appreciate you time and help.

MAP_COVG_06,1: APT_DB2Query::fetch failed; code -290: SQL0290N Table space access is not allowed. SQLSTATE=55039
Marley777
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Marley777 »

We fixed it :D . We went into director and used the 'clean up resources' option. Everything seems to work now. Thanks for reading.
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

Just for general info

Code: Select all

SQL0290N Table space access is not allowed.  

Explanation: A process attempted to access a table space which is in an invalid state for which the intended access is not allowed. 

If the table space is in a quiesced state, only processes which also hold the table space in a quiesced state are allowed access to the table space. 

If the table space is in any other state, only the process which is performing the action specified is allowed access to the table space. 

A system or user temporary table space cannot be dropped which contains active system or declared temporary tables. 

The SET CONTAINER api cannot be used to set the container list unless the table space is in a "restore pending" state. 
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Hi,
I am facing the same problem now:
ERROR [55039] [IBM][DB2/LINUX] SQL0290N Table space access is not allowed. SQLSTATE=55039
Is the message I am getting.How can the table be brought to the NORMAL state? When I run the job in Datastage everything goes well job doesnt abort but no records are inserted, all of them are rejected.
Can any one please suggest how to go about this issue.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

You will have to unlock the table space.
DB2 usually locks the Table space if a deadlock occurs or the data size is more than the page size alloted. You might want to increase the page size for the table as well.
Consult your DBA for this issue.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Thanks DSGuru,I donot know if it is table locks issue.It looks like some other table Load in the same tablespace brought the tablespace to backup pending state and when DBA took the backup , the table is back into NORMAL state now.
The SQLSTATE=55039 and SQL0290N are not that informative when I searched I got the same description as Eric posted. But looks like tablespace is in backup pending thats what db2 complains about.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This can be a "problem" in any database; if it's been locked or quiesced (for backup, perhaps), then DataStage won't be able to load into it. The only consolation is that nothing else can, either.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.