error adding to schedule when use daily option

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gwen
Participant

error adding to schedule when use daily option

Post by gwen »

Does any one have this kind of strange issue like this?
Run director ->Add to schedule->choose daily option->choose the tiime for daily job->Schedule
and then got a error meesage like below

Error adding to schedule: value incorrect。
(Command was: AT 18:00 /EVERY:M,T,W,Th,F,S,Su vmdsr_sched.exe D:\Projects\FUBONETL CUST_2_HIS_S 0/50/1/0/0 10)

Then I tried to use Every option and choose 1-31th day, it let me add the schedule the job successfully.Is anything wrong with my director?
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

It only implies that you do not have permission to perform an 'at' command in Unix.

Check whether you have access to at and whether you are permitted to schedule with this command.
gwen
Participant

Post by gwen »

Well~Our Datastage Sever version is 7.5 and it's on Windows 2k server platform. I'm using Administrator to schedule but it only failed when I choose Daily option.I'm wondering if it's a bug or just I put the wrong value but how? When I choose the daily option there is only time to be set.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Looks like a bug. :(
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
gwen
Participant

Post by gwen »

:roll:

Thanks everyone!
I used Every option instead of Daily option. Select 1th day of a month to last day of a month and specified the time which result is the same as Daily option.
I still have no idea why at command is not working on Windows 2k :(
Austin_Lee
Participant

Post by Austin_Lee »

Hi ~
I got them same issue. :( Did You solve this problem ?
YuanSzuLee/YSL
DS_SUPPORT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DS_SUPPORT »

I hope we have a case long back, regarding to this for Non-English versions of Windows, they have to do some settings at DSParams. Pasting the response from Ascential:

Code: Select all

Since you are running German version of Windows, the AT command (Windows Scheduler) doesn't understand English (default) names for the weekdays --> we need to provide translation for them. Please add this section at bottom of your dsparams file in the project directory and restart DataStage:

[SCHEDULER]
MONDAY=
TUESDAY=
WEDNESDAY=
THURSDAY=
FRIDAY=
SATURDAY=
SUNDAY=

Here is an example for French Translation:

[SCHEDULER]
MONDAY=LUNDI
TUESDAY=MARDI
WEDNESDAY=MERCREDI
THURSDAY=JEUDI
FRIDAY=VENDREDI
SATURDAY=SAMEDI
SUNDAY=DIMANCHE
Hope this helps.
sajal.jain
Participant

Post by sajal.jain »

Some how I get this error only when schedule the job for current day and not if I use any future date. Is it still not a bug then?
Major GungHo