Datastage 87 install giving a warning

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

raji33
Premium Member
Premium Member

Datastage 87 install giving a warning

Post by raji33 »

Hi All,

I am have 81 datastage already installed on my machine and want to install 87 now. When i was trying to install it is giving a warning near

The corrected version of MKS Toolkit must already be present or MKS Toolkit must not be present at all

Any idea?

Thanks
Raji
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you trying to replace 8.1 with 8.7, or install them side by side?

If the former, delete MKS Toolkit and allow the install program to install the correct version.

Indeed, you may need to do this in the latter case too, and hope that 8.1 can work properly with the newer version of MKS Toolkit.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
raji33
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by raji33 »

I need both the versions to be there as i have jobs in 81 and 87.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Disable MKS Toolkit older version, then do an itag installation of 8.7, which should install a newer version of MKS Toolkit. Then hope that MKS Toolkit is sufficiently backwards compatible that 8.1 will work with the new version.

Alternately stand up a second server on which to install 8.7.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.