Deploy Only 1 Job From a Package

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nvalia
Premium Member
Premium Member

Deploy Only 1 Job From a Package

Post by nvalia »

Hi All,
I created a package to back up all the jobs in out project, via Information Server Manager

Now we want to deploy only 1 job from this package back to the same project in the same Env (to get back old job). Is it possible?

I tried to deploy the package from Information Server Manager but I see no option of deploying specific object(s). The only option is "Replace Existing Items" but this does not help me in this scenario

I know I can Export all jobs (as dsx) from Datastage Designer and then I can Import only selected object(s), so is this the only(correct?) way to achieve this?

Thanks,
NV
Thomas.B
Participant

Re: Deploy Only 1 Job From a Package

Post by Thomas.B »

nvalia wrote:The only option is "Replace Existing Items" but this does not help me in this scenario
Actually that can help you: just delete the job you want to restore then uncheck that box when you import the full archive and the information server manager will ignore all your jobs except the one you just delete.
BI Consultant
DSXConsult
rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rkashyap »

Also see this discussion.