ParameterSet value file selection, on the fly

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kandyshandy
Participant

ParameterSet value file selection, on the fly

Post by kandyshandy »

Friends,

Just an example to explain what I am trying to do ;)

I have 3 sets of parameters (i.e. 3 value files for one ParameterSet)

Based on "some" logic, I want to pass one of the value files to the ParameterSet, on the fly. This is feasible through basic DSSetParam or UNIX dsjob, but not possible through Sequence. In Job activity @ Sequence, ParameterSet allows us to specify one of the value files at the design time itself but not on the run-time. Any trick to achieve this in a Sequence? In nutshell, if the job activity @ Sequence allows me to pass a parameter to ParameterSet, then it would be great.

One feasibility that comes to my mind is to specify a value file at the design time but change the values in "that" value file, on the run-time. But this is not a good one for my needs.
Kandy

Re: ParameterSet value file selection, on the fly

Post by ray.wurlod »

kandyshandy wrote:One feasibility that comes to my mind is to specify a value file at the design time but change the values in "that" value file, on the run-time. But this is not a good one for my needs.
Why not? This is a technique I use frequently.

You should be able to specify a parameter in the sequence to contain the name of the values file, and use that parameter to provide the "value" of the Parameter Set in the job activity.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.