IADB clarification

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vamsi_4a6
Participant

IADB clarification

Post by vamsi_4a6 »

what is the use of Publishing Analysis Results in Information analyzer?How it will be useful to Datastage developer.When i check tutorial at high level we are doing following things in Publishing Analysis Results but not clear to me

Import table definition and analysis results into DataStage
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Publishing makes the results of the profiling review, including any notes attached to columns/tables, available via the shared table definition to the DataStage developer. If things are done correctly, those notes especially will guide the DataStage developer along the right path without the need to pursue business analysts for answers.

Without publishing, the results remain within the Information Analyzer project only. Published results are available to other Information Analyzer projects, DataStage, QualityStage, Information Governance Catalog, FastTrack, etc.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.