Multi client is not opening lower version IBM IIS Console

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

peep
Premium Member
Premium Member

Multi client is not opening lower version IBM IIS Console

Post by peep »

I have installed 11.3 client on /IBM/InformationServer11 on my windows machine.

And 8.7 client exists on /IBM/InformationServer/ same machine.

Now when change multi client to 8.7 and open IBM InfoSphere Information Server Console I see 11.3 version is opening not 8.7 .

and when I open designer ,I see 8.7 designer is opening .

Have you faced similar issue ?
Any thought /suggestion are highly appreciated .

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

My guess is that Multi Client Manager did not install correctly. Check your installation log. The easiest remedy may be to re-install the client tier 11.3 software.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Multi Client Manager is only for DataStage clients. Before installing a second client, rename the Information Server folder, otherwise some of the program icons may get overwritten.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
peep
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by peep »

While installing 11.3 version I have provided /IBM/InformationServer11 (different name).

This should not overwrite any existing icons If I am not wrong

Please advise.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Providing a different path for the install location is always good too. I was referring renaming the old Info Server Windows folder name before installing a new client (under Windows Start Menu, All Programs). If you didn't do that, then you may have lost the old program icons. That has happened to us before.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
peep
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by peep »

Before installing new version like qt_ky advised I have renamed old versions folder name.

and new version is installed with out overwriting ...