Dynamic Recipient EmailID in Mail Notification Stage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

das_nirmalya
Participant

Dynamic Recipient EmailID in Mail Notification Stage

Post by das_nirmalya »

My emailid value would be coming from a static table in NZ. I want to pass that value as Recipient EmailID in Mail Notification Stage in DS Sequencer.

My datastage is installed in Windows platform.Please tell me the way arround
nsd
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You've pretty much described the steps you need.
One job activity to retrieve the email ID from Netezza (not from New Zealand!) and park it somewhere from which the sequence can retrieve it. If you use a server job you can park it in the user status area of the job; otherwise use a temporary text file (remember to delete it later in the sequence when it's no longer needed).
The user status area is directly accessible through the $UserStatus activity variable of the Job activity. Otherwise use an Execute Command activity to read the file and retrieve the command output from an activity variable.
Now you have a value you can provide in to the address field in the Notification activity.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rkashyap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rkashyap »

On same lines as design advised above, parameter set value file can be used to park and pass email id dynamically.
Also see this tutorial.